Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CATCHING UP....ON BLOGGING.....A PEDICURE.....



Before jetting off to England, I treated myself (the first time in my life) to a pedicure.  The truth being, having spent a great deal of time bare foot in the garden, walking and jogging, not only were they aching, but in desperate need of some love and attention (and hard skin removal, yuck!!!)  Having tried with pumice stones and other 'wonder' products on the market had almost given up hope. 

By the way natural pumice stones can be found all over Kos beaches due to the Volcanic island of Nissyros opposite.  So well worth picking up a few and packing them in your suitcase, make good gifts too (and cheap!!!)

Anyway, Sylvia a wonderful Dutch lady who has uprooted her husband and beautiful family over to Kos to start a better life, worked her magic, and I actually had presentable feet/toenails for the first time that I can actually remember!



A relaxing hour of massage, in the massage chair, which was amazing.  Had to laugh when it started doing things to my bottom though, was a bit concerned that it was malfunctioning.....certainly put a smile on my face though, and would highly recommend it!!!

Feet soaked, gently scrubbed, moisturised, and of course toe nails painted beautifully, in fact I didn't even recognise them as my own afterwards.  Certainly worth 25 euro, I was there more than an hour, and she painted my daughters fingernails for free!

A lovely lady, gorgeous office just on the main Kanari Street, (Kos Town),practically opposite the school there, and near to the Elmo bakery.  Pass by make an appointment, or phone.....her husband designed and made all the furniture inside to, and is very talented and available for home design and furniture making, what a team!


By the way this photo, doesn't do the furniture justice, and I can't believe I have lost Sylvia's business card (well actually I can, it is probably somewhere in the bottom of one of my over-size handbags), so I'll get back to you on that one -  with her telephone number etc. 
It would also  make a good birthday present for someone....a special treat....(Mines in February!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment