Sunday, June 6, 2010

THE DIMITRA BEACH HOTEL, MICHELANGELO.....AND KARAOKE!





It is incredible, I've lived on this island for what seems almost a lifetime, and every day I come across places which are breathtaking, and you sometimes forget the wonders and beauty of Greece.

At the other end of town are the Therma Springs, which I haven't got around to going to for a few years, even though one of my good friends has a beach and serves food and cold drinks/ice-creams down  there.  Must go.....!

I stopped off at two 'out of this world' hotels before you actually reach the Springs.  The Dimitra Hotel and The Michelangelo, both of these hotels are next to the beach, scenery to die for.  Everything you could possibly want to pamper yourself whilst on holiday, pools, spas, restaurants, sports facilities, and The Michelangelo has a separate children's 'level' with pool, grass, park and a kiddies club, with indoor games, face-painting and a whole range of activities catering for them, very well organised. 

The main pool, I can't quite explain it, and the photo doesn't do it justice......it's as if you're swimming on the horizon?  Simply amazing.


The Dimitra Hotel has been re-done also and is looking good, , the children love the bar stools in the pool.  Again, the gardens and surroundings, and accommodation which is practically on the beach are all well kept, colourful and of a really high standard.


SATURDAY was a busy day, my daughter had a friend from school sleeping over, and we went to play parks, and ball parks, and stopped of for lunch at The Fish House and ice-creams at The Coffee House.

I actually went out in the 'night-time' too, a friend was singing at Shennanigans (a bar a small walk away from the Dolphin Roundabout in Kos Town).......and wow, was blown away by her beautiful voice once again!

We had a lot of fun, and there was Karaoke afterwards, although I never went up myself, (would of needed a whole lot more wine to have done so!) 
Pamela will be singing at Shenannigan's every Tuesday and Saturday night (subject to change), throughout the summer.

And now I better get on with cleaning my house, it's Monday and I really don't know where to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment