Saturday, June 19, 2010

HOT HOT HOT.....and finally a breeze.....!


It's been an exceptionally hot week, in fact a heat-wave has been hitting the Greek islands, the children have finished their exams, and now most of the schools have broken up for a 3 month summer holiday (apart from some of the playgroups.....).

Most people I know have been hitting the water, whether it's a cold shower, aqua blue sea or a pool.  The only way to cool down with temperatures soaring over 40 even.  Unbelievable.  I imagine quite a few sore sunburnt people out there too.

I didn't even feel like eating, so it must have been hot, and we have drank gallons of water in the last few days.

So, we've been at the pools and beaches over the last few days.  I even joined in an Aqua Aerobic class at one of the hotels, which was so much fun, and we ended up having to dance by the side of the pool, at least i wasn't the oldest swinger in town, but one of the few English girls!  Most of the larger hotels have great Animation Teams, and offer all kinds of activities, ranging from Aqua Aerobics, Yoga on the beach, Darts, Crazy Golf.......and  Kiddie Clubs and Disco's, and you don't have to go All-Inclusive to do so......!


The girls and I visiting 'friends' at one of the All-inclusive hotels in Tingaki, even has a wave pool.  The Aqua Aerobic Instructor, at a hotel in Kos Town, he wanted me to sit on his lap, but I didn't think my husband would be too pleased.....even though I am old enough to be his mother!

My youngest daughter also had her school production of 'The Olympic Games', she is only 3, and it was so cute.  A huge audience in the open air Stadium in the Psalidi end of Town.  All the Playschools of the Local Council in Town came together, and it was a beautiful evening.






The breeze is back, so there was plenty of Kite Surfing yesterday, and Wind Surfers around.  It is a perfect place for anyone wishing to do either on the island of Kos,  as well as Paragliding, Banana Boats, Ringo's...etc...etc....



My parents arrive tomorrow, and stay as always, in Tingaki, a quieter resort 15 mins by car, outside of the town, with beautiful sandy beaches, where my dad sits for hours fishing....he has only caught 2 fish in about 10 years....!!!  So I will be spending my next few weeks in Tingaki, and then England here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment