Friday, May 14, 2010

FILI APARTMENTS IN TINGAKI

After having my eyebrows and eyelashes tinted at Anna's Beauty Salon, where I've been going since before the children were a twinkle in my eye, I could finally go swimming (without make-up, and not looking like Borris Becker), so off we went.


Paul the owner of these lovely apartments at the quieter end of the Tingaki resort, pictured here, got to know my parents, who always stay just across the road, before actually  meeting us.   Now my parents come for a few weeks every year, and pop in for a drink, and he has us that invade him on a regular basis!

The children love the slide, anyone is welcome to use the pools, great atmosphere (always good music, both old and new-(ish!), clean and superb food.  There is also a small swing park next to the pool on the grass area.  So it is a great place to stop for a swim, have a drink/ice-cream or even a 3 course meal by the pool (or just a snack).  There are 2 large pools and a separate kiddies one.


I don't usually picture my children on this blog, but they were so excited and spent the whole afternoon up and down this slide.  Meanwhile my eyebrows.....were turning a nice shade of green (not pictured!)   Thank god when I washed my hair they went back to the 'orginal' dye colour!



You can find Fili Apartments inTingak,i on the internet, and book also privately, through Paul.  Tingaki has also wonderful sandy beaches, great for kids as it is also shallow the sea and you can walk out for miles.  Most people hire bikes also when staying here to cycle back and forth to the main resort.  The bus stop is a short walk away, which will take you into the centre or to town.

I also got a break from the ironing in the evening ( without the children), to Bittersweet in the Old Town and then to Coffee House, our place in the centre of the harbour.  Possibly feel a slight headache coming on..........no pics as I forgot my camera, being late as always......

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Ina, and im staying at Fili at the end of June. I have looked all over the internet after direct contact information to Fili, but I can't find something. So, my question is; do you have an e-mail adress to Paul (thats the owner, right?) or a phonenumber? My e-mail is; ina.wannebo@hotmail.com! I would be very glad if you took the time and answered :-) Thanks. Ina from Norway

    ReplyDelete